Sunday, October 11, 2009

Second Show


We gave it another go and did the Sequoya show this weekend. Danny played Mr Mom all weekend. Don't ask me about dishes, laundry, or house cleaning - let's just say he managed to keep them fed and fairly clean and got them to their games, church services, etc with aplomb. Go Daddy Go! :) Big boy Isaiah was my muscle, helping me with hefting the tables etc. He was rewarded with a handcrafted sling shot - the perks of child labor. :)

This show was a bit different - the last one we were in the gym but this time we ended up at the end of a corridor heading out to the ball field. A bit off the beaten path (near the gyros though so folks eating lunch saw our shop) It's possible people didn't venture down our path. I tried to face our display towards the top of the corridor so they could see what we were selling from there. I wasn't really pleased with the display. We need more height. I wanting some poster size photos of girls in the clothes - big ad shots. Hopefully, Carrie's girls and a few more will be willing to pose for a few pics.




Overall it seemed busier then the Peoria show. Just as I was arriving today I saw a little girl wearing one of my skirts and a hair flower from Carrie. It made my day. My checking account might not agree, but for me it really doesn't matter what sells I just want to see someone wearing and enjoying what I make. Her mom said she bought it yesterday and wanted to wear it to church this morning. She went home to see what colors she needed and came back today to get a few more flowers. I did see a lot more families (or at least moms with daughters) at this show.



Enough blogging - remember that laundry I mentioned? off to it now . . . or maybe in the morning. :) Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment