Friday, April 30, 2010

Boyce Thompson Arboretum

Today I took a little field trip with my girl. I've been wanting to visit the Boyce Thompson Arboretum out near Superior but it's a bit of a drive for me. I'd put it off long enough and didn't want to miss the last of the wildflowers. March and April are peak. It was beautiful. A must see for locals and visitors. I only made it through a small portion of the park - stopping to photograph so many beautiful colors . . .


My girl enjoyed the flowers and got to experience the cactus first hand . . . literally! Ouch.

There is a nursery with lots of pots of lovely plants for sale . . .

I definately plan to go back and trek up the hiking trails a bit more.

2 comments:

  1. I love all the colors, it is so beautiful! I am really loving your splash of paint in the back ground!! it gives it such a fresh look. I have never seen that before. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really doing a splash of paint in the background - just doing an effect on the whole pic but I think because the background is more blurred on the pic it just looks more painterly??

    ReplyDelete