Thursday, April 29, 2010

Visit with Memere and Pepere

We just finished up a great week of visiting. I've been a very lousy photographer. Scrapbookers around the world would be appalled. I've been so enjoying the visit I've hardly dragged my camera out. My mom though took many more pictures so we'll have those to share. :) Here are a few . . .
Greeting my sister and her son who flew in as well . . .

Playing Memory with the grandsons . . .
DJ came from behind to win . . . he was thrilled :)


Luncheon with fresh basil and tomato sandwiches and old family friends . . .

And back at the ballpark of course . . . but this time with Memere and Pepere cheering too!

A tough loss . . . we held the lead all game but in the final inning, score was 8-10 and a grand slam made it 12-10 ouch. So an extra practice tonight :( Mathias is back in the pitching line up and did great. For two batters in a row he pitched 6 straight strikes, no balls.

At one of DJs game we had to pull our stint manning the snack bar . . . Dad pitched in and helped out - it took him back to his teen years when he worked at a snack bar at the lake. I just have this bit of advice "avoid the clean up shift - that hot dog machine is miserable to clean!"

On the way to the airport - off to the big city to see their baby daughter before heading to the Maineland. I think Dad enjoyed his convention and they definitely got a crash course "Life in the Ramirez Household" I'd love to have them around permanently . . . I'll be eyeing real estate for them :) So more fun to come! I think they are in the air now . . . Bon Voyage Pepere and Memere!

No comments:

Post a Comment