Monday, September 7, 2009

Calling Audibles

In the midst of trying to jump start some kind of crafting business I'm still doing credit card customer service work from home. Monday's are a slow family day - Danny takes the kids to watch some friends play softball - so I've been working Monday evenings. Like most SAHMs I have no concept of time and the passing of days. I forgot this was Labor day and actually volunteered to pick up a shift . . . causing the family to miss our usual Labor Day picnic event. :( I'm not a total Cruella though and the boys did get to play with friends yesterday and this morning so they're happy. It's tough to work and hear my baby faintly crying in the background, knowing she wants me but will have to settle for Pops and her bros. I do get breaks and can pop off if I really need to. I'll stick my head out of my office and holler instruction "send the friends home! load the dishwasher! get the pizza! clean up the toys!" My dear hubby says I sound like a coach calling audibles. HA HA they better follow through or I'm gonna bench somebody!

No comments:

Post a Comment