Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Daily News

I've told myself I would write everyday. There was no great break through today - just a little bit of everything. I got my 3rd sale and in talking to my brother-in-law it was another referral of his. He's doing freelance web business related work right now. It's great to have his support and promotion. I've gotten lots of compliments on the shop but an equal amount mention they only have boys. I'm working on sewing a few boy things but I've got some interfacing, serging, and hand sewing vs machine issues to work through first. But I definitely like the look of my first prototype. I've stocked up on shipping supplies and assembled another set of bobbies. I plan to photograph and post those tomorrow. I plan to organize my paperwork/record keeping a bit more. After 3 sales there isn't much to organize but it would be smart to have a system in place for when things pick up. Also need to plan some kind of Christmas promotion etc.

Enjoying the last few days at home with the boys. Got roped into fundraising for my son's football team - yikes - never done that before. But hey everyone needs to pitch in - so I'll do my best. Lots of moms helping so it shouldn't be too bad. Off to bed, my super model is getting her beauty rest and she'll be up at 530AM so that's the news from Lake Woebegone - where all the women are strong, the men are good looking, and the children are above average.

No comments:

Post a Comment