Saturday, August 8, 2009

Tick Tick Tick Tick Boom

So it started as reworking an image for a logo . . . and BOOM DYNAMITE!!! It's an entire website! Visit www.grandsooners.com to see the site Danny built for Mathias's team. We'll be adding photos, video, etc as the season begins. He built it (and learnt new things in the process) and taught me some of the admin duties so I can update content for the team. We're excited and Sooner pride has kicked into gear. :) I am nervous about meeting our fundraising goals though . . . I'm sure we'll get it done. We made 300.00 in snack bar/family dinner sales just this week. Isaiah was at a car wash for his team today and they made 500.00. The Sooners have 2 car washes planned for later this month. A parent brought in the first sponsor check yesterday for 250.00 and a few others mentioned they'll be getting some. Another parent already sold thier entire form of spirit cups and asked me for another one. . . so I'm feeling a bit more optimistic.

The kids look really good at practice - not the disorganized mess you'd expect from 7-9 yr olds. I'm not sure they know offense from defense but it looks like the coaches are trying to teach it - good luck to 'em. Each coach is assigned a group of kids to mentor - Mathias got his first call from his mentor coach today. Other than Memere and Pepere and Nana I don't think he ever talks on the phone to adults. Isaiah heard him saying he wanted to do some recieving and that he'd played safety before. The Sooners have two groups "Rhinos" and "Cheetahs". Mathias has been practicing drills with the Cheetahs so he'll probably be defense. No positions are assigned until the boys are in full pads and tackling. That'll start on Tuesday.

I haven't been to any of Isaiah's practices but I know he dumped a bucket of water on a cheer girl at the car wash "she told us to do it" and at Friday's practice while racing neck and neck he did a full body dive at the end in a crazy attempt to win. Isaiah never does anything in half measures . . . not when it can be done loudly and wildly. But he's settling in (a whole new team) he's got a few of his old teammates and seems to be getting to know the others.

We went to Meet the Teacher at school. All three boys will be going to the same school! finally! We ran into an old classmate of his (he'd gone there for several years) He's looking forward to seeing them all again. His buddy told him the girls are crazy this year. I really liked his teacher and like the way everything is online - meaning I'll be able to view the grade book whenever I want! But that shouldn't be a problem . . .

Chubber-roo is asleep in my arms - Tick Tick Tick Tick Boom, she's just dynamite. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment