Monday, July 27, 2009

Choosing a Name

Danny and I are not really good at choosing names. We agreed on Isaiah for our 1st born when I was 3 mo pregnant. . . and we haven't agreed on another name since. My dad's name is Matthew - Danny chose Mathias (a form of Matthew) I thought it was too unusual sounding . . . and I was right - it gets mispronounced all the time. But now that a perfect little boy is attached to that name I love it. Daniel Joseph Ramirez was a cop out. Boy #3 we named after his dad who was named after his dad. Easier then choosing something original. For Eliya I presented him with a narrowed selection of 5 names - he spotted Eliya (pronounced ee-li-a) and from that point on I couldn't get him to review any other names . . . so Eliya it is, and it suits her just fine.

In choosing a shop name I had no inspiration. After I sketched the lady/baby logo, we were messing with Illustrator and he just threw some text in there "J Joy Original" - it looked really pretty but hey JJoy is a DJ in the UK - not the image I wanted! Joy is only my unofficial middle name. My parents added it shortly after submitting my papers. and I don't want the pressure of having to be Original LOL after much discussion (lots of ruling OUT names but not coming up with anything really good) we stuck with JJoyDesigns (plus it wasn't already being used someplace by somebody - turns out that's key) No sales yet so I doubt I'd do my "brand" much damage with a name change at some point. :) Any ideas? Also I don't plan on doing hair thingys forever - will create other items so it's got to be a bit vague.

No comments:

Post a Comment