Sunday, July 26, 2009

Working together

Danny and I worked together for a shipping company for 4+ yrs BC (before children). We worked in different departments - he was floor supervisor and I was IT then Traffic. Because we didn't directly report to each other it worked out well. I enjoyed spending time with him and being with him (did I mention we were newlyweds?) so it was all good. We weren't bossing each other around - and I was a helpmate right away . . . I learnt to forge his signature on useless documents LOL Danny's not a big paperwork guy . . . and I'm not real technical so he'd help me out too ("um, honey, just push the power button.") why was I in IT?? a fluke really, the company was really small and simple when we started so I could run the computers and set up basic workstations but when things got hairy they hired folks with actual IT degrees and I moved to traffic.

and we're working together again! The big joke "this is a lot of work to sell a 4.00$ butterfly!" For 4 yrs now I've been working for alpineaccess.com. It's part time work-from-home call center type work. I do credit card customer service. There is a ZERO noise tolerance. Who wants to give cc info with screaming kids in the background?? So now that I've been have an adorable girl with healthy lungs and no discernable nap schedule I'm not working as many hours. Thus the start of the etsy shop. Craft, design, and sew - which I love to do - and maybe sell a few items to help out. Danny works at a men's homeless shelter - which suits him very well and has been a blessing to the family but there are no bonuses or fat raises to support my fabric addition. :) So I'd like to pitch in a bit if I can. We are blessed in so many ways and truly the Lord provides.

Danny has been helping me set up my shop. We've used Adobe Photoshop in the past for all the wedding/portrait photography but for this we've had to use Adobe Indesign and Illustrator. Lots of fun! Makes me want to sketch and draw and design more graphics. I did the sketch of the lady and baby that makes up my logo. I'm learning to tweek things a bit in Adobe but still can't create things exactly as I picture them in my head. I'll spend hours during the day messing with something in Illustrator then Danny gets home and does it in minutes! I think he's about done helping me with my shop - there's only so much pink swirly polka dots he can stand. Of course now he's got to show me how to add images to this blog and jazz it up a bit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment